If the current windows in your Clearwater home are leaking air, it means it’s time to consider replacing them.
But what kind of windows are best? The best choices for homes in Florida are aluminum or vinyl type windows. Here is a quick overview to help with this decision.
Aluminum Windows The advantages of aluminum windows are cost and strength. The cost is less than vinyl and they tend to resist high winds better than vinyl.
Vinyl Windows The advantages of vinyl windows are a better insulation factor, and less maintenance than aluminum windows. They cost considerably more than aluminum however. They do have newer vinyl products that high wind resistance, for those who want the “best of both worlds”.
Here is a great article from the Angie’s List website about this topic. Pro’s and Con’s of Aluminum vs Vinyl Windows.
Comments are closed.
- Home addition pitfalls to avoid
- Choosing Hurricane Shutters
- Why aluminum windows?
- How to choose impact windows
- 5 tips that can help you choose the best impact windows
- How to clean your accordion storm shutters
- Why Aluminum Windows Are So Popular
- Five Reasons Why Aluminum Windows are So Popular
- Aluminum Handrails Turning Heads in Home Design
- Aluminum versus Vinyl Windows for Clearwater Area