If the current windows in your Clearwater home are leaking air, it means it’s time to consider replacing them.
But what kind of windows are best? The best choices for homes in Florida are aluminum or vinyl type windows. Here is a quick overview to help with this decision.
The advantages of aluminum windows are cost and strength. The cost is less than vinyl and they tend to resist high winds better than vinyl.
The advantages of vinyl windows are a better insulation factor, and less maintenance than aluminum windows. They cost considerably more than aluminum however. They do have newer vinyl products that high wind resistance, for those who want the “best of both worlds”.
Here is a great article from the Angie’s List website about this topic. Pro’s and Con’s of Aluminum vs Vinyl Windows.
Comments are closed.
- Four renovation ideas for your mobile home
- The hidden benefits of metal roofs
- Staying on budget during your next renovation project
- Sunrooms 101
- All about interior doors
- Choosing a metal roof supplier and manufacturer
- So you're thinking about adding a sunroom
- Your Spring home check up
- Planning a home addition? Here’s what to do.
- Home addition pitfalls to avoid